WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In addition to other information, we may collect the following information about you:
- Personal information including your name, email address, residential address, telephone number, gender, date of birth and password, as well as identity documents to verify the personal information.
- Financial information such as your bank account number.
- Ownery related information such as a favourite list, transaction history and marketing preferences.
- Writing, email or phone communications you have with us.
- Online information, including details of your browser, domain name and IP address, and the details of any website you linked from to the Website.
- Other additional information required from time to time.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer for the purpose of collecting non-personal visitor behaviour information and information about your operating system, domain name and IP address.
For example, cookies are used to store your preferences and settings, help you to sign in, combat fraud and analyse site operations. The information is for the purpose of understanding your interactions with the Website, which enable us to improve your online experience. The information collected is anonymous.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION USED?
We may use the information collected from you for a number of purposes relating to our business, which includes:
- Responding and following up on any queries, complaints or requests you might have made, and other customer care issues.
- Determining your suitability to setup an account with us and use the Services.
- Monitoring, developing and administering the Website.
- Performing the Services and any assistance required in connection with the Services.
- Satisfying obligations between you and us arising from any contracts.
- Providing you with information about new investment opportunities that we think may interest you.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction in respect of our role as provider of the Services.
- Enabling us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information may be disclosed to other parties and service providers we use to assist us in improving our Website, services and online profile.
We may also disclose any of the personal information we hold:
- for the purposes for which the information was collected;
- with your express consent;
- for any purpose which is permitted under the Privacy Act 1993;
- in relation to any proposed purchase or acquisition of our business or assets; or
- where required by applicable law or any court, or in response to a request by a law enforcement agency.
HOW DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The information that we collect may be stored in New Zealand and overseas. Your personal information is stored in both our electronic database and in print form.
Your personal information will be kept in order to satisfy our purposes. In such cases we must comply with any relevant legislation and regulations.
Your personal information will be kept secure using generally accepted standards of security.
If you are a member of The Ownery, you may access some of the personal information that we hold about you in the "Portal" section of the Website.
You are entitled to access all of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us at:
Attention: Paul Jacobs
PO Box 33-158
Please let us know:
- your name;
- email address;
- phone number; and
along with a brief description of the information you would like a copy of.